Christmas was quite fun. The boys were very excited. Jon Jon wanted a real giraffe and panda. Since we do not have an enormous backyard or a wild animal permit, he had to settle for a stuffed toy giraffe and panda. The panda makes noises and takes a bottle. Jon Jon was thrilled. Ethan was SHOCKED when he saw the Rescue Heroes toys. The boys have recently begun watching Rescue Heroes on Qubo. They love it, especially Ethan. Ethan had asked for some of the toys for Christmas. The problem is that the cartoon is from the 90's. Therefore, they do not make the toys now. Of course that makes no sense to Ethan, so he just kept asking for them. I found some on Ebay, but they were SO expensive! I just kept praying we'd find some we could afford. I kept looking at the thrift stores, but nothing. Then one day we were driving and I spotted some in front of someone's carport. The stuff was in a big pile. It looked like they were clearing it out. I went back the next day. It was still there. I went to the door, but no one was home. I left the craziest note asking if they wanted to sell the stuff. I left my cell number and just prayed, leaving it in God's hands. Later that day, I got a call from the man who owned the stuff. I offered to buy it. He said his kids had outgrown it and get this, he said I could have it, just come pick it up. I offered again to buy it and explained to him that I had been searching all over for the stuff. He would not let me pay him. I told him I was so excited God had answered my prayer. He said he was happy to know some boys would enjoy like his boys had. I am still amazed as I type this how God provides for us in the craziest ways for even the most insignificant things!
And … we’re back!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment